new Forth bridge
Alan Smaill
2015-02-19 14:40:48 UTC
... is coming along nicely now since I last was in Fife at New Year.

Good pictures in bbc news item:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31532725
Alan Smaill
S Viemeister
2015-02-19 16:32:58 UTC
Post by Alan Smaill
... is coming along nicely now since I last was in Fife at New Year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31532725
That makes me feel old - I remember all the festivities when the road
bridge opened.
Alan Smaill
2015-02-19 17:14:34 UTC
Post by S Viemeister
Post by Alan Smaill
... is coming along nicely now since I last was in Fife at New Year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31532725
That makes me feel old - I remember all the festivities when the road
bridge opened.
Similar feelings here :-(

I remember crossing on the ferry when the road bridge was
under construction.
Alan Smaill
Charles Ellson
You're only old if you remember _the_ Forth Bridge being opened. ;-)
Mary
2015-02-20 02:49:56 UTC
Post by S Viemeister
Post by Alan Smaill
... is coming along nicely now since I last was in Fife at New Year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31532725
That makes me feel old - I remember all the festivities when the road
bridge opened.
You're only old if you remember _the_ Forth Bridge being opened. ;-)
Yes, you would be pretty old if you could remember that.

---
S Viemeister
Then I guess I'm not old, after all!
Mary
2015-02-19 19:49:56 UTC
Post by Alan Smaill
... is coming along nicely now since I last was in Fife at New Year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31532725
--
Alan Smaill
Thanks for the pictures of the new bridge at Queensferry. I've been on the
Forth Bridge many times when I lived in my home town of Dunfermline when
going to Edinburgh, and road bridge in late 60's. Didnt know there was a
Queensferry bridge being built. Looks great.

Mary

---
Fifeshire Floozie
2015-03-15 03:14:45 UTC
Post by Alan Smaill
... is coming along nicely now since I last was in Fife at New Year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31532725
--
Alan Smaill
Quite an undertaking. Judging by the traffic we encountered on the road bridge when we (my grandson and I) were home a couple of years ago, it's needed.

Cheers, Helen
Mary
2015-03-15 03:27:25 UTC
Post by Fifeshire Floozie
Post by Alan Smaill
... is coming along nicely now since I last was in Fife at New Year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31532725
--
Alan Smaill
Quite an undertaking. Judging by the traffic we encountered on the road
bridge when we (my grandson and I) were home a couple of years ago, it's
needed.
Hi Helen,

I haven't seen you posting here for a long time. Since long before the
recent soc.culture.scottish group was created not long ago on Facebook. I
used to go on Facebook a few years ago, but havent been back for a long
time. Nice to see you again I wondered where you had disappeared.

Mary

---
Fifeshire Floozie
2015-03-15 04:46:21 UTC
On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 11:26:54 PM UTC-4, Mary wrote:
<snip>
Post by Mary
Hi Helen,
I haven't seen you posting here for a long time. Since long before the
recent soc.culture.scottish group was created not long ago on Facebook. I
used to go on Facebook a few years ago, but havent been back for a long
time. Nice to see you again I wondered where you had disappeared.
Mary
On Facebook now Mary.

Cheers, Helen