Scots are not British
David Edmunds
2016-07-28 22:39:00 UTC
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:14:03 GMT, ian-stewart paused
From todays Glasgow Herald
Scots are foreigners in England's green and pleasant
land, according to the England and Wales Cricket Board.
The board ruled that as far as the sport is concerned, Scots are not
British, but are in the same "overseas" category as players from the
likes of India, Sri Lanka, and the West Indies.
The EWCB website contains a copy of the separate regulations.
Paragraph 1.10 states: "Great Britain means England, Wales, the
Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, but for the purposes of The
Regulations Governing The Qualification of Cricketers to Play For
England no part of Great Britain, other than England, shall be
regarded as a country."
http://www.theherald.co.uk/
Hooray! Let the moat-digging begin!
MacR
Scots not allowed to play as we are not sufficiently British. As for me I dinnae care at 'a.

David Martin Edmunds
S Viemeister
The post to which you are responding was made over 14 years ago.
The Phantom Piper
2016-07-29 19:44:28 UTC
Post by S Viemeister
The post to which you are responding was made over 14 years ago.
Yes, there's been a bit of this going around of late...

In this particular case ... a subconscious
nostalgia for the halcyon past, perhaps,
when Pumpkin-Hitler wasn't looming on the
horizon of the Future to start WWIII?

Or perhaps it's a revisit to the Past as
Prologue, timely now in the light of Breaks-It
and the soon-to-be-accomplished final split
with Anglistan...

Either way, it's fitting, as much of the content
above deals with what I've been maintaining here
since within a few months of the founding of this
group: there is no such thing as 'Britain' (save
as a convenient Illegal Fiction useful for covering
up various Political Crimes committed long ago.

Call the referendum!

Voting 'Go',

The Phantom Piper