You fucking bottled it you Twats!
g***@gmail.com
2014-09-19 06:07:42 UTC
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you. Edinburgh - well you're full of english poofters anyway.

Shetland - should take its oil and stick it up its arse!
Charles Ellson
2014-09-19 06:47:15 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you. Edinburgh - well you're full of english poofters anyway.
Shetland - should take its oil and stick it up its arse!
Go on, say what you really think ! ;-)

Watch out for round two when the promises made by the Three Stooges
are stamped on by *nglish MPs.
The Other Guy

g***@gmail.com
and even if by some miracle it got through the commons, it will be delayed by the Lords until the 2015 election. After the election Farage may be in charge!
unknown
2014-09-19 12:03:56 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you. Edinburgh - well you're full of english poofters anyway.
Shetland - should take its oil and stick it up its arse!
Go on, say what you really think ! ;-)
Watch out for round two when the promises made by the Three Stooges
are stamped on by *nglish MPs.
and even if by some miracle it got through the commons, it will be delayed by the Lords until the 2015 election. After the election Farage may be in charge!
I've enjoyed following the referendum. I couldn't give a tuppenny fuck
who won but it was entertaining.

Salmond lost that for the yes campaign, he's an arrogant cocksucker
who expected the voters to simply believe him, and support his
misguided ill thought out effort to stick one up the "Westminster
elite". This was never about Scotland, it was always about Salmond his
ego. Bloody noses and kicks up the ass might sound good, but when he
couldn't back it up with sound politics he was always going to be the
loser.
He done an Ian Paisley, he marched his followers to the top of the
hill, and then left them there without a pot to shit in.
Salmond should be made to wear a red nose and floppy shoes, for he is
the biggest clown in Scotland.
The Scottish people have had a narrow escape from the madman, they
don't give a shit about new powers, they are just glad they haven't
been cut loose into the cesspit of Salmonds scheming imaginary
independant Scotland.
Whatever the ballbags from Westminster have pledged doesn't matter,
there was only a yes or no on the ballot paper. Why did fuxshite
Cameron insist on that do you think?
Simple Salmond has been done like a kipper from the moment Cameron
agreed to the referendum. The Westminster ballbags understand
politics. 45% of the idiots still voted for a low budget holiday to an
unknown destination, fuxake that's the behaviour of teenagers, easily
fired up by cheap frills and rhetoric.....

max.it (the orange cage)
The Other Guy
2014-09-19 20:53:40 UTC
Post by unknown
Salmond lost that for the yes campaign, he's an arrogant cocksucker
who expected the voters to simply believe him, and support his
misguided ill thought out effort to stick one up the "Westminster
elite". This was never about Scotland, it was always about Salmond his
ego. Bloody noses and kicks up the ass might sound good, but when he
couldn't back it up with sound politics he was always going to be the
loser.
People KNOW what's being done to them, but don't give a fuck.

Many Scots KNOW England is fucking them, but life isn't THAT bad,
so let's just stick it out and hope it gets better.

WHICH, of course, it won't.

---
unknown
2014-09-19 22:58:17 UTC
On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:53:40 -0700, The Other Guy
Post by The Other Guy
Post by unknown
Salmond lost that for the yes campaign, he's an arrogant cocksucker
who expected the voters to simply believe him, and support his
misguided ill thought out effort to stick one up the "Westminster
elite". This was never about Scotland, it was always about Salmond his
ego. Bloody noses and kicks up the ass might sound good, but when he
couldn't back it up with sound politics he was always going to be the
loser.
People KNOW what's being done to them, but don't give a fuck.
Many Scots KNOW England is fucking them, but life isn't THAT bad,
so let's just stick it out and hope it gets better.
WHICH, of course, it won't.
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
When you say 'know what is being done to them', you really need to
explain what is being actually being done and who exactly'them' are.
Then you have to ask why they 'don't they give a fuck'.
When you say England I think you really mean glitterati of'the
Westmonster elite'.

Listen - Former first minister Salmond tried to slip independance
through by preaching rhetoric to school kids and giving them a vote.
Scotland is wiser than Salmond at this time, and has been fortunate
and really has had a lucky escape. As we say in the Mother country -
Tiocfaidh ár lá - softly softly catchee monkey - Don’t flurry;
patience gains the day.

max.it (the orange cage)
Post by The Other Guy
---
soupdragon
2014-09-20 10:46:21 UTC
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
unknown
2014-09-20 15:21:55 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
The Ashcroft survey suggested 71% voted yes. I don't know if that
survey was taken in a rural or urban area.

max.it (the orange cage)
soupdragon
2014-09-20 18:01:10 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
The Ashcroft survey suggested 71% voted yes. I don't know if that
survey was taken in a rural or urban area.
The Ashcroft poll was a snap poll commissioned by the Tory party. It's
not particularly reliable and not clear how it was conducted. 110,000
were registered to vote, of which 70% actually voted. Even if all of
them voted one way, it wasn't enough to make any difference to the
outcome. Ashcroft poll also showed that in the 16-24 demoraphic, that
there was a majority for no.
unknown
2014-09-20 18:29:07 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
The Ashcroft survey suggested 71% voted yes. I don't know if that
survey was taken in a rural or urban area.
The Ashcroft poll was a snap poll commissioned by the Tory party. It's
not particularly reliable and not clear how it was conducted. 110,000
were registered to vote, of which 70% actually voted. Even if all of
them voted one way, it wasn't enough to make any difference to the
outcome. Ashcroft poll also showed that in the 16-24 demoraphic, that
there was a majority for no.
I did wonder about the Ashcroft poll, because I had read that almost
all the mock elections in schools and colleges came back with a no
vote.
If it is the case that the young and the old and those with pensions
pending or a job at potential risk all voted no. Where did the yes
votes come from?

Is it like when they guy who gets voted off a committee, and everyone
you ask says that they voted for him ;)

max.it (the orange cage)
soupdragon
2014-09-21 07:39:47 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
[...]
Disenchanted Labour supporters in large urban areas. Glasgow
should have been a solid no. Instead, it voted yes.
unknown
2014-09-26 16:35:37 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
[...]
Heard on the radio that the Ashcroft poll's 71% was derived from just
14 16/17 years olds in the 2000 people sample group.

max.it (the orange cage)
soupdragon
So, not exactly representative!
unknown
2014-09-26 19:47:49 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
If it is the case that the young and the old and those with pensions
pending or a job at potential risk all voted no. Where did the yes
votes come from?
Disenchanted Labour supporters in large urban areas. Glasgow
should have been a solid no. Instead, it voted yes.
Heard on the radio that the Ashcroft poll's 71% was derived from just
14 16/17 years olds in the 2000 people sample group.
So, not exactly representative!
Highly representitive of the 14 sprogs he asked. Think about it, they
probably didn't understand the question and were just nodding and dumb
thumbing and managed to get counted.

max.it (the orange cage)
The Other Guy
2014-09-20 17:04:34 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
DON'T question the expert. He SPURTS all over anyway.

---
Ian B MacLure
2014-09-21 03:01:40 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
Thats not what Salmond was expecting I would venture to guess.

IBM
Charles Ellson
2014-09-21 04:47:58 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
Oh ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29255449
gives 71% for one poll

Most others seem to blame over-55s for voting NO. Hope the sods don't
complain when Westminster cuts the block grant and they find
themselves in a granny farm.
S Viemeister
I'm over 55, and I voted _Yes_, as did many of my older relatives.
Charles Ellson
Must be that lot in Bearsden and Morningside then. ;-)
S Viemeister
2014-09-21 10:13:15 UTC
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by S Viemeister
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
Oh ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29255449
gives 71% for one poll
Most others seem to blame over-55s for voting NO. Hope the sods don't
complain when Westminster cuts the block grant and they find
themselves in a granny farm.
I'm over 55, and I voted _Yes_, as did many of my older relatives.
Must be that lot in Bearsden and Morningside then. ;-)
I voted in Highland. :)
(And I have no relatives in either Bearsden or Morningsidse!)
Charles Ellson
2014-09-21 15:14:11 UTC
On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 06:13:15 -0400, S Viemeister
Post by S Viemeister
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by S Viemeister
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
Oh ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29255449
gives 71% for one poll
Most others seem to blame over-55s for voting NO. Hope the sods don't
complain when Westminster cuts the block grant and they find
themselves in a granny farm.
I'm over 55, and I voted _Yes_, as did many of my older relatives.
Must be that lot in Bearsden and Morningside then. ;-)
I voted in Highland. :)
(And I have no relatives in either Bearsden or Morningsidse!)
According to the Sunday Post front page. Mr Millipede's priority is
"working families"[TM] so it looks like we pensioners don't matter to
him anyway.
soupdragon
2014-09-21 07:49:58 UTC
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
Oh ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29255449
gives 71% for one poll
As I pointed out elsewhere, the Ashcroft poll was a snap poll commissioned
commissioned by the Tory party. No one seems to know how it was conducted.
Also the same poll later on showed that when the limits were extended
to 16 - 24 year olds, there was a clear no.
themselves in a granny farm.
soupdragon
2014-09-21 09:34:53 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with
large numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were
easily ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
Oh ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29255449
gives 71% for one poll
As I pointed out elsewhere, the Ashcroft poll was a snap poll
commissioned commissioned by the Tory party. No one seems to know how
it was conducted. Also the same poll later on showed that when the
limits were extended to 16 - 24 year olds, there was a clear no.
Oops. That should read a clear no amongst the 18 - 24 year olds.
Overall for 16 - 24 it was 50-50.
JeffreyHamilton
2014-09-22 15:56:51 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with large
numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who were easily
ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
I have to admit to being surprised that 16 and 17 year olds have the vote !
How long have the election voting rules allowed that, and is it the same for
the UK, come voting day ?

cheers....Jeff
S Viemeister
It was just for the independence referendum.
JeffreyHamilton
2014-09-26 01:27:37 UTC
Post by S Viemeister
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with
large numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who
were easily ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
I have to admit to being surprised that 16 and 17 year olds have the
vote ! How long have the election voting rules allowed that, and is
it the same for the UK, come voting day ?
It was just for the independence referendum.
So they can't legally drink...or legally become a soldier...but they can
vote ?....really....?....and they still lost, eh ?.....who's idea was that,
by the way ?

cheers....Jeff

cheers...Jeff
Charles Ellson
2014-09-26 02:09:29 UTC
On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:27:37 -0400, "JeffreyHamilton"
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by S Viemeister
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with
large numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who
were easily ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
I have to admit to being surprised that 16 and 17 year olds have the
vote ! How long have the election voting rules allowed that, and is
it the same for the UK, come voting day ?
It was just for the independence referendum.
So they can't legally drink...
Yes they can but they can't buy it.
https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-the-facts/alcohol-and-the-law/the-law-on-alcohol-and-under-18s
Post by JeffreyHamilton
or legally become a soldier...
Yes they can but they're not allowed to be shot at.
http://www.army.mod.uk/join/How-to-join.aspx
cheers...Jeff
soupdragon
2014-09-26 10:26:02 UTC
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by S Viemeister
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by soupdragon
Post by unknown
The yes votes came mostly from the urban areas, the areas with
large numbers of 16 and 17 year olds. The new young voters who
were easily ribbed up into an anti sassanagh frenzy.
The 16-17 year olds were predominantly no voters according to the surveys.
I have to admit to being surprised that 16 and 17 year olds have the
vote ! How long have the election voting rules allowed that, and is
it the same for the UK, come voting day ?
It was just for the independence referendum.
So they can't legally drink..
18. 21 in some US states, apparently.
Post by JeffreyHamilton
.or legally become a soldier..
They can join the UK army at 16
Post by JeffreyHamilton
.but they
can vote ?..
..and marry and have a family..
JeffreyHamilton
2014-09-27 15:18:33 UTC
Post by soupdragon
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by S Viemeister
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by JeffreyHamilton
.or legally become a soldier..
They can join the UK army at 16
Post by JeffreyHamilton
.but they
can vote ?..
..and marry and have a family..
Interesting...the getting married part doesn't surprise me, getting the vote
at 16 does. Is this the rule everywhere in the UK ?

cheers....Jeff
soupdragon
Not yet, but there is talk about rolling it out for general elections.
Charles Ellson
2014-09-27 21:34:20 UTC
On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 11:18:33 -0400, "JeffreyHamilton"
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by soupdragon
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by S Viemeister
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by JeffreyHamilton
.but they
can vote ?..
..and marry and have a family..
Interesting...the getting married part doesn't surprise me, getting the vote
at 16 does. Is this the rule everywhere in the UK ?
Getting married or voting ?
Marriage - 16 in Scotland, no parental consent required; 16 in England
and Wales with parental consent (but managing to get married doesn't
void the marriage, 18 no parental consent required.

Voting - 16y only applies in Scotland for the referendum; see also -
http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/votesat16/
JeffreyHamilton
2014-10-03 17:02:11 UTC
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by soupdragon
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by S Viemeister
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by JeffreyHamilton
.but they
can vote ?..
..and marry and have a family..
Interesting...the getting married part doesn't surprise me, getting
the vote at 16 does. Is this the rule everywhere in the UK ?
Getting married or voting ?
Marriage - 16 in Scotland, no parental consent required; 16 in England
and Wales with parental consent (but managing to get married doesn't
void the marriage, 18 no parental consent required.
Voting - 16y only applies in Scotland for the referendum; see also -
http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/votesat16/
I wonder if that helped the Yes side, or did it blow up in their face ? I
find it quite remarkable to "suddenly" lower the voting age, to 16, for a
referendum. Apparently someone was feeling desperate.

cheers....Jeff
Charles Ellson
2014-10-04 03:36:20 UTC
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by soupdragon
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by S Viemeister
Post by JeffreyHamilton
Post by JeffreyHamilton
.but they
can vote ?..
..and marry and have a family..
Interesting...the getting married part doesn't surprise me, getting
the vote at 16 does. Is this the rule everywhere in the UK ?
Getting married or voting ?
Marriage - 16 in Scotland, no parental consent required; 16 in England
and Wales with parental consent (but managing to get married doesn't
void the marriage, 18 no parental consent required.
Voting - 16y only applies in Scotland for the referendum; see also -
http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/votesat16/
I wonder if that helped the Yes side, or did it blow up in their face ? I
find it quite remarkable to "suddenly" lower the voting age, to 16, for a
referendum. Apparently someone was feeling desperate.
cheers....Jeff
AIUI it is something that was under consideration before the
referendum.
Ian B MacLure
2014-09-19 23:30:36 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by g***@gmail.com
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by g***@gmail.com
[...]
That would be the "late" Ian Paisley.
Say what you like about the man, lines like:

"The Protestant people of Ulster want nothing to
do with Charles Haughey's banana republic"

left no doubt at all where he stood.

IBM
unknown
2014-09-20 00:10:20 UTC
Post by Ian B MacLure
Post by unknown
Post by g***@gmail.com
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by g***@gmail.com
[...]
Paisley was a ballbag bigot, he was the biggest recruitment officer
that the ira ever had. It's no coincidence that the ira never
attempted to knock him off.
I umpired a cricket match on the Mall in Armagh, my colleague on the
day was Jimmy Ireland a Ballymena (Paisley land) batting legend in his
time. He told me that the Ballymena club was told that if they ever
voted to play cricket on Sundays, their pitches would be dug up and
rendered unplayable. Yup that's just the type of inclusion and fair
minded approach that can only be expected from the lunatic but
powerful religious fringe.

max.it (the orange cage)
Ian B MacLure
2014-09-19 23:34:03 UTC
max.it wrote in news:***@news.btinternet.com:

[snip]
Post by unknown
Whatever the ballbags from Westminster have pledged doesn't matter,
there was only a yes or no on the ballot paper. Why did fuxshite
I'm aware that Scottish legal logic is tri-valued
( Aye, Nay, Mebbe ) but what end would "Mebbe" have
served on yon ballot.
unknown
2014-09-20 00:00:40 UTC
Post by Ian B MacLure
[snip]
Post by unknown
Whatever the ballbags from Westminster have pledged doesn't matter,
there was only a yes or no on the ballot paper. Why did fuxshite
I'm aware that Scottish legal logic is tri-valued
( Aye, Nay, Mebbe ) but what end would "Mebbe" have
served on yon ballot.
Ian, it was always a maybe.
SNP couldn't define a future, and the rest couldn't define a future.
Salmond attempted to jump 30 years by targetting the child vote, and
that seemed to work quite well, if he had done it 30 years ago it
might have worked. Hindsightery is a wonderful tool.

max.it (the orange cage)
The Phantom Piper
2014-09-19 12:46:56 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you.
We are in rare agreement.

Here's what I can't get out of my mind:

1.) The margin was less than 400,000 votes

and

2.) 300,000 English living in Scotland got
to vote in the referendum, but 400,000
Scots living in England did not.

So - Business As Usual Then,

The Phantom Piper
Callaghan Grant
2014-09-19 20:44:39 UTC
Now THERE'S a POINT.
Fifeshire Floozie
2015-03-16 04:50:57 UTC
Post by The Phantom Piper
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you.
We are in rare agreement.
1.) The margin was less than 400,000 votes
and
2.) 300,000 English living in Scotland got
to vote in the referendum, but 400,000
Scots living in England did not.
So - Business As Usual Then,
That hardly seems right! :(

Cheers, Helen
The Other Guy
2015-03-16 05:31:27 UTC
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:50:57 -0700 (PDT), Fifeshire Floozie
Post by Fifeshire Floozie
Post by The Phantom Piper
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you.
We are in rare agreement.
1.) The margin was less than 400,000 votes
and
2.) 300,000 English living in Scotland got
to vote in the referendum, but 400,000
Scots living in England did not.
So - Business As Usual Then,
That hardly seems right! :(
They knew the rules before the election.
They COULD have moved back for a week.

---
Alan Smaill
2015-03-16 10:32:39 UTC
Post by The Other Guy
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:50:57 -0700 (PDT), Fifeshire Floozie
Post by Fifeshire Floozie
On Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:07:42 PM UTC-7,
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you.
We are in rare agreement.
1.) The margin was less than 400,000 votes
and
2.) 300,000 English living in Scotland got
to vote in the referendum, but 400,000
Scots living in England did not.
So - Business As Usual Then,
That hardly seems right! :(
They knew the rules before the election.
They COULD have moved back for a week.
Yes, and where was the Plouky Plonker --
wouldn't catch him moving back for the referendum.

They still would have needed to be on the electoral register,
could be done for those who really cared to do so ...

Whether English in Scotland would be less likely to vote
yes than Scots in England is not so obvious either.
Alan Smaill
Fred J. McCall
2015-03-16 10:45:08 UTC
Post by Fifeshire Floozie
Post by The Phantom Piper
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you.
We are in rare agreement.
1.) The margin was less than 400,000 votes
and
2.) 300,000 English living in Scotland got
to vote in the referendum, but 400,000
Scots living in England did not.
So - Business As Usual Then,
That hardly seems right! :(
Their problem now is that the SNP is winning all the Scottish seats in
the UK Parliament. They could just vote with Labour, but it's more in
their interests to simply be as disruptive as possible to convince
England to get on board with Scottish independence.

The trick here is that there's no devolved English or Welsh
parliaments, so you're going to have the SNP voting on English law...
--
"It's always different. It's always complex. But at some point,
somebody has to draw the line. And that somebody is always me....
-- Buffy, The Vampire Slayer
Ian B MacLure
2014-09-19 23:18:35 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you. Edinburgh -
well you're full of english poofters anyway.
Shetland - should take its oil and stick it up its arse!
The separatists will be back soon enough pushing something
that if you squint at it just so with the light from the
proper direction is independence by another title.
Like unto the Q-beck-wah sovereignty-association meme.
David Edmunds
2014-09-21 20:48:52 UTC
Post by Ian B MacLure
The separatists will be back soon enough pushing something
that if you squint at it just so with the light from the
proper direction is independence by another title.
Like unto the Q-beck-wah sovereignty-association meme.
Surely a little bit more than a meme?

David Martin Edmunds
guig
2014-09-21 01:01:12 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you. Edinburgh - well
you're full of english poofters anyway.
Shetland - should take its oil and stick it up its arse!
Just enough people fell for the lies and scare stories, but 45% is a
great starting point for continuing on. Once WM renege on all their
promises the 55% will realise what they've done.
--
Question Everything, Believe Nothing.
The Wishing Well from the album Believe by Pendragon, 2005
Snow_Flower
2014-11-23 14:54:17 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Well done Glasgow and Dundee. Aberdeen - shame on you. Edinburgh - well you're full of english poofters anyway.
Shetland - should take its oil and stick it up its arse!
Next time you might want to allow the English to vote as well, assuming
you desire a Yes result!