Will Prince Charles Be George VII -- If He Succeeds To The Throne?
D. Spencer Hines
2007-11-08 19:52:58 UTC
It's worth noting that Prince Charles is NOT descended in the Royal Line of
Succession from EITHER Kings Charles I or Charles II.

Prince Charles descends from James I, in the Royal Line of Succession, who
was James VI of Scotland and succeeded Queen Elizabeth, his first cousin,
twice removed to the throne in 1603.

However Prince Charles IS descended in the Royal Line of Succession from
FIVE of the six previous Kings George -- but NOT from King George IV.

DSH

Lux et Veritas et Libertas
The Heir-Apparent _may_ choose whatever name he/she wishes to be known
as; 'David' was King as 'Edward'; 'Albert' was King (and Crowned) as
'George'; while the current Queen chose to retain her Christian name....
presumably only the Heir-Apparent knows what name he will choose for
Kingship .... however I'm sure there's enough bookies who'll accept your
bet as to which it might be.
Aye maybe he doesn't want to be associated with previous kings called
Charles. Scared he'll lose his head perhaps :-)
Allan
Hal
2007-11-08 23:15:11 UTC
On Nov 8, 2:52 pm, "D. Spencer Hines" <***@excelsior.com> wrote:
I'll spare the Irish.
Why?
Baldoni <baldoniXXV@gmail.com>
2007-11-08 23:57:43 UTC
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
Post by D. Spencer Hines
It's worth noting that Prince Charles is NOT descended in the Royal Line of
Succession from EITHER Kings Charles I or Charles II.
Why?
Why indeed !

All worthless old twaddle that nobody really cares about. I read
somewhere that Charles will take the name George or Edward if he ever
becomes King.

In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Count Baldoni
Robert Peffers
2007-11-09 01:31:12 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
Who really cares anyway?
Whack all imperialists
2007-11-09 01:45:45 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
Post by D. Spencer Hines
It's worth noting that Prince Charles is NOT descended in the Royal Line of
Succession from EITHER Kings Charles I or Charles II.
Why?
Why indeed !
All worthless old twaddle that nobody really cares about. I read
somewhere that Charles will take the name George or Edward if he ever
becomes King.
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
--
Count Baldoni
Who really cares anyway?- Hide quoted text -
Agreed - he would probably spend most of his time practising being a
tampon for Comeinand Park-Yer Balls
Baldoni <baldoniXXV@gmail.com>
2007-11-09 09:33:52 UTC
Post by Robert Peffers
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
Post by D. Spencer Hines
It's worth noting that Prince Charles is NOT descended in the Royal Line of
Succession from EITHER Kings Charles I or Charles II.
Why?
Why indeed !
All worthless old twaddle that nobody really cares about. I read somewhere
that Charles will take the name George or Edward if he ever becomes King.
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
-- Count Baldoni
Who really cares anyway?
Exactly.
Count Baldoni
The Doctor
2007-11-09 03:19:20 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
Post by D. Spencer Hines
It's worth noting that Prince Charles is NOT descended in the Royal Line of
Succession from EITHER Kings Charles I or Charles II.
Why?
Why indeed !
All worthless old twaddle that nobody really cares about. I read
somewhere that Charles will take the name George or Edward if he ever
becomes King.
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Hopefully William will tkae the crown.
--
Member - Liberal International
This is ***@nl2k.ab.ca Ici ***@nl2k.ab.ca
Voting Canadians vote anyone but Harper Cronies!!
Olivier
2007-11-09 11:01:54 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
And William is a descendant of king Charles II by his mother !!
Robert Peffers
2007-11-09 21:11:06 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
Post by D. Spencer Hines
It's worth noting that Prince Charles is NOT descended in the Royal Line of
Succession from EITHER Kings Charles I or Charles II.
Why?
Why indeed !
All worthless old twaddle that nobody really cares about. I read
somewhere that Charles will take the name George or Edward if he ever
becomes King.
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Hopefully William will tkae the crown.
--
Member - Liberal International
God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Voting Canadians vote anyone but Harper Cronies!!
What difference would that make? William is no better or worse than any
other member of the very large Royal family.
Dave
2007-11-09 13:43:27 UTC
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 23:57:43 GMT, Baldoni
Post by Hal
I'll spare the Irish.
Post by D. Spencer Hines
It's worth noting that Prince Charles is NOT descended in the Royal Line of
Succession from EITHER Kings Charles I or Charles II.
But I expect Hines is. After all, he is descended from every other
historical figure of note.
Breton
2007-11-09 13:44:37 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
All worthless old twaddle that nobody really cares about.
Really? If no one cares about it, how do you explain all those folks
in here posting about it? More to the point, why are YOU here?
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
I read
somewhere that Charles will take the name George or Edward if he ever
becomes King.
There has been speculation that Charles will take the name George as
his regnal name when he succeeds his mother. That would make him
George VII. However, the choice of a regnal name is up to him.
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Well, no. The Queen is 81, Charles is 59. Both are in good health.
What makes you say that she will outlive him (beyond being a troll of
course)?

Breton
Baldoni <baldoniXXV@gmail.com>
2007-11-09 15:44:39 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Well, no. The Queen is 81, Charles is 59. Both are in good health.
What makes you say that she will outlive him (beyond being a troll of
course)?
Breton
I am not trolling. Look at the lifespan of former Prince's of Wales,
and former male monarchs. If you look at the women then they far
outlive the men.

Queen Victoria
Queen Mary
Princess Alice
Princess Alexandra
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.

Edward VII
Prince Albert
George VI

The women all lived to grand old ages while the men all suffered ill
health and died young. If Charles ever makes King which I doubt that
he will then he will be there for 2 years tops.
Count Baldoni
David
2007-11-09 17:52:08 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
[...]
Not all of these people are closely related to each other!

In general, yes, women in the First World live longer than men.
However, Charles' parents are both long-lived: his father is 86 and
healthy, his mother is 81 and healthy. Barring any accidents, Charles
can expect to live at least into his 80s. At nearly 59, Charles is
already older than his grandfather George VI, whose early death was
probably not due to congenital factors. Edward VIII had lived to be
nearly 78, after all, and I expect that Charles lives a healthier life
than both men.

If Charles lives to the age of at least 80 (in 2028) he will almost
certainly outlive his mother, even if she matches the late Queen
Mother's century. Obviously Charles will not have one of the famously
long reigns of British history, but that is the price to be paid for
being the child of a long-lived parent -- as was discovered not only
by Edward VII, but also George IV and before him Edward the Black
Prince.
Robert Peffers
2007-11-09 21:13:52 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Well, no. The Queen is 81, Charles is 59. Both are in good health.
What makes you say that she will outlive him (beyond being a troll of
course)?
Breton
Well his last wife was younger than he and she is very dead.
What has age got to do with it?
People die at every age.
Baldoni <baldoniXXV@gmail.com>
2007-11-09 21:22:56 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Well, no. The Queen is 81, Charles is 59. Both are in good health.
What makes you say that she will outlive him (beyond being a troll of
course)?
Breton
I forgot to add that Charles is a rampant homosexual and trying to hide
this has caused him to age prematurely.
Count Baldoni
Breton
2007-11-09 21:28:04 UTC
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
Post by Baldoni <***@gmail.com>
In all likelihood the present Queen will out live him.
Well, no. The Queen is 81, Charles is 59. Both are in good health.
What makes you say that she will outlive him (beyond being a troll of
course)?
Breton
I forgot to add that Charles is a rampant homosexual and trying to hide
this has caused him to age prematurely.
--
Count Baldoni- Hide quoted text -
I though you said you weren't trolling.

Breton
George Knighton
2007-11-10 13:11:41 UTC
In addition to having a natural affinity for George VI and George V,
the Prince of Wales is known to be an admirer of George III.

It seems to me that there would be a very good chance that he would
pick that name for his reign.
D. Spencer Hines
2007-11-10 16:01:05 UTC
What has he said about George III?

DSH
pick that name for his reign.
D. Spencer Hines
2007-11-10 16:42:27 UTC
Have you seen any actual discussions by Prince Charles on George III?

Interesting Connection...

Perhaps he waxed rhapsodic during an American visit? <g>

DSH
Dear Spencer,
As I recall George III and Prince Charles have a hobby
in common ... both being avid farmers. Charles is very interested in
organic
farming.
Sincerely,
James W Cummings
Dixmont, Maine USA
Feck all sassanaigh
2007-11-10 16:50:24 UTC
Post by D. Spencer Hines
Have you seen any actual discussions by Prince Charles on George III?
Interesting Connection...
Perhaps he waxed rhapsodic during an American visit? <g>
DSH
Dear Spencer,
As I recall George III and Prince Charles have a hobby
in common ... both being avid farmers. Charles is very interested in
organic
farming.
Sincerely,
James W Cummings
Dixmont, Maine USA- Hide quoted text -
And in the USA he could become George Michael 11 and hang around
public loos acting as a tampon..